The website www.kiteoptics.com (hereinafter called: the “Website”) is provided by:
KITE OPTICS (hereinafter called “KITE OPTICS”, “We”, and “Us”)
+32 50 692319
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any privacy-related questions. We promise to reply as soon as possible!
2. Who processes the personal data?
2.1. Data controller KITE OPTICS is the data controller and determines solely or in cooperation with others which personal data are collected and also the purpose and means of processing these personal data.
2.2. Processor(s) KITE OPTICS is free to make use of data processors. A processor is a natural person or legal person who processes personal data when requested by or in the name of the data controller. The processor is obliged to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the personal data. The processor always acts according to the instructions of the data controller. We may make our data available for these processors. Their access is limited to the data they require to perform their task on our behalf. KITE OPTICS uses the following categories of processors:
- Companies we use for marketing purposes;
- Companies we use for hosting purposes;
- Companies we use for administrative purposes;
- Companies we use for person-related purposes such as social secretariat, personnel management, recruitment and selection;
- Companies we use for HR services: meal vouchers/eco cheques, group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, personal insurances, credit cards;
- Companies we use for communication purposes;
- Companies we use for payment purposes;
- Companies we use for accounting purposes;
- Companies we use for IT system maintenance;
- Companies we use for the credit insurance of outstanding or future debts;
- Companies we use for transport;
- Companies we use for management and consultancy services; Agents and dealers.
3. On what legal basis are my personal data processed?
In accordance with the GDPR, we process personal data based on the following legal bases:
- Based on the execution of the agreement as agreed with the User, or the execution of precontractual steps taken at his or her request;
- or Based on compliance with statutory or regulatory provisions, relating to the management of the contractual relationship, specifically the invoicing;
- Based on our legitimate interest for the sending of information and newsletters to our clients or when we are asked questions;
- Based on your explicit consent for the sending of promotional offers (direct marketing) and/or newsletters.
4. Which personal data are processed?
KITE OPTICS undertakes only to collect and process those personal data that are relevant and necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. The following categories of personal data may be processed:
- Personal identification data (surname, first name, login details);
- Contact data (telephone number, fax, email address, website, address, registration / VAT and/or company number, contact person);
- Financial identification data (bank data);
- Electronic identification data (IP address, location, cookies);
- Personal characteristics (gender, age);
- Professional activities (occupation, sector, employer, place of employment).
5. For what purposes are my personal data used? KITE OPTICS collects your personal data to provide all Users with a safe, optimum, and personal user experience. The collection of personal data is further expanded as the User makes more intensive use of our Website and our services. KITE OPTICS retains the right to suspend or cancel certain processing if personal data are missing, incorrect, or incomplete. Data processing is vital for the operation of our services. The processing only takes place for the following specified purposes:
- Customer management: customer administration, order management, deliveries, invoicing, creditworthiness check, support, complaint monitoring, and the sending of newsletters;
- Answering questions that are asked in any way (for example via our contact form and/or our chat);
- Providing more information on our products;
- Personalised marketing and advertising if you have given your explicit consent for this. In this case, you are free to withdraw your consent at any time;
- Compliance with statutory obligations placed on KITE OPTICS.
6. Who receives your personal data?
Your personal data are only processed for internal use within KITE OPTICS. Your personal data will not be sold, passed on, or communicated to third parties who are not processors, unless you have given us your explicit consent for this in advance, if the passing on is necessary for execution of the agreement, if KITE OPTICS is legally obliged, or based on our justified interest to answer questions. If we are asked questions related to our products, in some cases we pass these questions on to our agents and/or dealers to answer your question. We do this based on our justified interest to answer your questions. These parties will only process your personal data in order to enable them to answer your questions.
7. How long do we keep your personal data? Your personal data are kept as long as this is necessary to achieve the purposes specified in article 5 and/or as long as retention is necessary to comply with statutory retention periods. They are deleted from the database if they are no longer needed to achieve these purposes or if the User validly excises his or her right to have the personal data deleted.
8. What are your rights?
8.1 Guarantee of lawful and secure processing of personal data
Your personal data are always processed for legitimate purposes, as stated in article 5. They are collected and processed in an appropriate, relevant, and proportional manner and are only kept for as long as necessary to achieve the specified purposes.
8.2 Right of access
If you can prove your identity, you have the right to obtain information on the processing of your personal data. Therefore, you have the right to access the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data are sent, the criteria that determine the period of data retention, and the rights you can exercise relating to your personal data.
8.3 Right to rectification of personal data
Inaccurate or incomplete information can be rectified. It is the responsibility of the User to provide the correct personal data to KITE OPTICS. You can contact us with a request for change.
8.4 Right to erasure of your personal data
You also have the right to erasure of your personal data in the following cases:
Your personal data are no longer needed for the specified purpose;
You withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data and there is no other legal basis to process your personal data;
You have submitted an objection in a legal manner to the processing of your personal data;
The processing of your personal data is unlawful;
Your personal data must be erased on the basis of a legal obligation.
The erasure of personal data is mainly related to visibility; it is possible that the erased personal data remain stored temporarily. If you decide to have your data erased, it may be the case that you no longer have access to certain functionalities of our service. The User may no longer have access to the User area on our website.
8.5 Right to restrict processing
In some cases, you have the right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data. This applies certainly in the case of a dispute relating to the accuracy of personal data if the personal data are necessary within the context of legal proceedings or during the time necessary for KITE OPTICS to determine that you have a valid right to erasure.
8.6 Right to object
You always have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for ‘direct marketing’ purposes, profiling purposes, or purposes arising from the legitimate interests of the data controller. KITE OPTICS will cease processing your personal data unless KITE OPTICS can demonstrate that there are urgent legal reasons to process your personal data that take precedence over your right to object to this.
8.7 Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain the personal data provided to KITE OPTICS in a structured, common, and machine-readable form. You also have the right to transfer these personal data to other data controllers, unless this is not technically possible.
8.8 Right to withdraw your consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, for example, if you have given this consent for direct marketing purposes.
9. How can you exercise your rights?
If you want to exercise your rights, you must send a written request and proof of identity by registered letter to KITE OPTICS, P. De Conincklaan 108, 8200 Brugge, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply as quickly as possible, no later than one (1) month after receipt of your request.
10. Option to submit a complaint
If you do not agree to the processing of your personal data by KITE OPTICS, you have the right to submit a complaint to the competent supervisory authority (for Belgium: https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/).
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on the hard disk of your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. The cookie is placed on your device by the website itself (“first party cookies”) or by partners of the website (“third party cookies”). The cookie identifies your device by a unique identification number when you return to the website and collects information about your browsing behaviour. There are different types of cookies. We distinguish the following cookies according to the purposes for which they are used: there are essential or strictly necessary cookies, and non-essential cookies (functional, analytical and targeting cookies). The Belgian Act of 13 June 2005 on Electronic Communications contains some provisions concerning cookies and the use thereof on websites. The law is a transposition of the European e-Privacy Directive, which implies that there may be differences in the manner in which the cookie legislation is implemented in other European member states.
2. The purpose and benefits of cookies
3. Types of cookies used by KITE OPTICS
We make a distinction between the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are required in order for the website to function, and cannot be disabled in our systems. They are usually only set up in response to your actions, such as setting up your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms.
Non-essential cookies: These cookies are not required to enable the website to function, but they do help us offer an improved and personalised website.
Functional cookies: These cookies allow the website to offer improved functionality and personalisation. They can be set up by us or by external providers whose services we have added to our pages.
4. Management of the cookies
Make sure that cookies are enabled in your web browser. If you want to consult our KITE OPTICS website, we recommend that you enable cookies. However, you are free to disable cookies in your browser settings if you wish to do so.
5. Rights of the visitors
Zoek een winkelZoek mij een winkel
bij u in de buurt